The Clean-Up

Hurricane Sandy passed overhead a few days ago.  It was the first time I really felt like I was prepared for a storm with my family.  Batteries charged.  Battery inverter ready.  Bathtub full of water (we're on well water out here....) Candles.  The whole nine yards.

Then we watched the tracking of the eye and they were forecasting it coming right over us.  I was bracing myself for something awful.

It turns out that our winery--the one that loses power on a Friday night when the weather's fine--the one that loses power to thunderstorms--made it through Sandy without much more than a mess from the trees and some washed out roads.  Again in my life, I realize that we're living in a world that we just don't understand.  And, believe me, that freaks me out more than anything else.


Comments