Harvest 2012 still?

There are days when people ask me, "So, how's harvest going?"  Most times I wish they wouldn't, because it causes me to reflect (if I decide to answer them honestly and consciously.) 

This hasn't been an easy year, with everything from early frost threats to new plantings, from rain that bring disease to rain that brings late summer growth and disease with it, from machinery not working at harvest to machinery breaking down at harvest, from weird insects in the vineyard to weirder insects on the crush pad stinging people.

All in all it makes me wish for 2013.  Maybe after harvest I'll start to taste the wines critically and come to appreciate all our hard work.  It gives me something to look forward to in the coming months.  Until then, all I'll look forward to is this.



Comments