The Best Dinner Ever

OK, this one is only in my dreams. But I was thinking the other day as we were bottling our next Bridge that the 2007 vintage was just phenomenal on so many levels. It got me thinking--yes, it was around lunchtime--that a dinner using on 2007 wines is just begging to be created.

I was thinking we could start with our 2007 Fanfare (the Gewurztraminer based wine with a good dose of Reserve Chardonnay in it.) This could go with some harvest style appetizers, and then maybe follow it with the 2007 Bridge and a hearty squash or goulash-style soup course.

Then we could serve Maryland crabcakes with our Reserve Chardonnay, followed by our Riesling and a nice salad with cranberries and goat cheese and walnuts. The main entree would have to be filet mignon covered with a nice reduction sauce with the 2007 Cadenza. Lastly, our 2007 Aria--still in barrels, but we could pull a sample--to go with a key lime creme brulee for dessert.

OK, again, this is only a dream, but a mighty tasty one at that. Anybody know any restaurants our there who are game?

Comments

  1. Sounds like the makings of a 2010 Allegro Chef Series Dinner to me ... maybe late April in the Barrel Room?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, now your posts are making me hungry as well as thirsty--just before going to bed!

    P-l-e-a-s-e put me on that dinner list.

    , Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I wish it was all that easy. We've been working in August like we usually do in October (harvest) and there's still so much to do. We will have a better setup for Tour de Tanks. Don't hold your breath about anything else yet, but don' worry. The marketing department here won't let me rest until *something* happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a newer Allegro fan I've never had the pleasure of a Chef Series Dinner but one can dream! Attended a few music events at both the winery and the gallery - your marketing department does a fantastic job as they are very enjoyable.

    If you are starting off w/ Fanfare I'm hoping that means you've decided to make it again!

    Just found your blog and really enjoy it - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to give my marketing department (Brenda) a lot of credit. She does a fantastic job. My wife Kris trained me well (insofar as I can't say "No" to women that easily.) Look for more marketing from Allegro.

    Also, Fanfare may be reincarnated as a naked Chardonnay....we'll see....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

By posting on here, you are guaranteeing that what you say here is worthwhile and worth saying. And something that you would say in the presence of your mother. If not, I will be forced to remove it.